About The Role
To lead the organization through our current stage of rapid growth, OneTen is seeking a Director of People and Culture (DPC) who will provide senior-level leadership and guidance on OneTen’s human resources and culture and lead us through the important work of developing and strengthening our culture. OneTen seeks to develop an organization that reflects the country in which we aspire to live, valuing and reflecting the people whose lives drive our work. The collective sum of life experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents a significant part of our culture, our reputation, and our organization’s achievement. Our employees are OneTen’s most valuable asset.
Reporting to the Chief Financial and Administrative Officer, the DPC will oversee the strategy and delivery of an exceptional employee experience; one that develops and retains employees and creates a culture of inclusivity and equity. The Director of People and Culture is responsible for creating and evaluating internal organizational policies; personnel management and leadership development; diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility programs; and overall management of organizational culture and morale. The individual will be a passionate advisor to leaders and teams, focused on creating the conditions to support a highly productive and engaged team of employees and build a culture of belonging.
Organizational People Leadership
- Serve as a strategic thought leader for the organization and lead every aspect of the employee experience at OneTen
- Manage employee recruiting, onboarding, performance management and long-term organizational strategic planning
- Utilize HR knowledge to recommend and implement programs, policies and services that meet the needs of our employees and are in compliance with all legal, government and benefits reporting requirements
- Design progressive total rewards program, feedback cycles and recognition program to foster an inclusive environment that acknowledges employee growth and development
- Advise and manage employee relations matters through the lens of equity and emotional intelligence to ensure fairness and consistency.
- Effectively manage our HR consultant responsible for the transactional aspects of the employee experience, i.e. payroll, benefits, and HRIS
- In partnership with executive leaders, provide strategic talent management and learning opportunities to influence a learning organizational culture
- Establish trusting relationships across all levels modeling OneTen’s core values and commitment to creating an organizational culture centered on diversity and inclusion.
- Effectively design and implement onboarding and retention strategies , including staff engagement initiatives, diversity and inclusion strategies, and retention efforts focused on elevating our commitment to equity
- Set and monitor organizational metrics designed to evaluate efficiency, employee engagement, and the quality of human resources service delivery
- Develop equity-centered learning opportunities to strengthen OneTen’s organizational culture in alignment with its annual and quarterly priorities and goals
- 10 years+ of experience in Human Resources, organizational development, culture development, employee relations and total rewards
- Proven experience in handling complex employee relations matters; can quickly investigate and adeptly address root cause issues with managers and employees
- Results-driven, agile change agent with demonstrated ability to manage execution of small and large-scale projects or programs
- Strong leadership presence with the proven ability to influence and drive change with senior leaders in a scaling organization, aligning the people strategy with organizational goals and growth
- Ability to contribute and lead in building a culture of equity and belonging
- Personal integrity, fairness, and credibility. Able to manage confidential information and act with discretion
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels inside and outside of the organization. Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Significant experience working across departments and/or divisions at a mid-size, complex organization
- Openness to a range of viewpoints; ability to engage with tough questions in a thoughtful manner, and engage in courageous conversations and give and receive feedback
- Track record of success in driving organizational change and results
- Bachelor’s degree and/or advanced degree in a related field is preferred; however, education does not take the place of robust/relevant work experience
OneTen is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Location: Flexibility; Remote
Compensation and Benefits: Salary and benefits will be competitive and commensurate with experience